8 pages; APA format
Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Key Assignment Draft
Part 1 Tasks (Week 4 )
In this assignment, you will develop a training manual that will be utilized for training new employees (certified medical administrative assistants [CMAAs]) who join the clinic.
Physicians are hiring more CMAAs to help manage the increasing complexities of patient care and practice management, while also helping to implement cost-effectiveness and efficiency. The responsibilities of a CMAA can be tailored to the needs of the practice. You will manage front-office functions, manage patient flow, and handle a wide range of tasks that have been discussed in the past few weeks. As a CMAA, you may convey clinical information on behalf of the physician and follow clinical protocol when speaking with patients, but you cannot exercise independent medical judgments. You will also help to optimize patient flow, enabling the physician to see more patients with efficiency, all while following your State’s scope of practice and working under the supervision of a licensed physician.
Note: Content from Weeks 1–3 IPs and DBs can be wholly or partially used as necessary to address the specific Key Assignment tasks shown below. You should take into account any instructor feedback from those IPs and DBs.
- Training Manual
- Title page
- Course number and name
- Project name
- Your name
- The training manual should include the following topics:
- An introduction to the health care system
- The organization’s structure
- The process of checking patients in and out
- Scheduling patients
- Various community and patient resources
- Processes for how to interact with patients
- Health insurance plans
- Financial procedures related to the policies of the organization
- Clean claims
- Financial procedures related to the organization’s cash flow
- Billing policy and procedures
- Protecting patients’ privacy
- Accounting and bookkeeping procedures and processes
- Office procedures for various forms of documentation (release of information, electronic health record)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules and regulations
- HIPAA forms
- Advance directives
- Medical record responsibilities
- Obtaining patient demographics and insurance information
- Receive, triage, and route phone calls
- Review records for medical necessity
- Release of information guidelines
- Title page
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.